Tuesday, May 10, 2011

poured out into the glass held with the same hand; after this course.

 the smashed tunnel by the river where the fighting had been
 the smashed tunnel by the river where the fighting had been. Tenente Can I help in any way He was the quietest one of the four. In the town there were more guns.Ill just step out the door a minute. Tenente. One of their drivers came over to me. then took a bite of cheese. Manera said.Probably. father.I translated this for Miss Ferguson. Macedonias. I said.

 and come back like this. Where did you meet her In the Cova Where did you go How did you feel Tell me everything at once. thats nothing to how it will feel later. wont youWhat the hell. Some looked pretty bad.Whats to stop itIt will crack somewhere. father. This chap of yours was very anxious for me to see you. all this in a moment.Do we have to go on and talk this wayNo.I think you do not know anything about being conquered and so you think it is not bad.Goodnight. but not losing sight of the priest.

 I thought she was very beautiful. the stump of his leg twitching. Sometimes I think you and he are a little that way.It is very valuable.Sit down to it. I liked to watch her move. I must make on Miss Barkley the impression of a man of sufficient wealth. it was slow in the traffic. but with the difference between us. Tenente. Genoa was the place to see the bad marbles.Im so sorry. I saluted too but more moderately.

They wont crack here. Miss Ferguson was with her. She waved again and then I was out of the driveway and climbing up into the seat of the ambulance and we started. In the dark it was like summer lightning. lieutenant. I watched them settle on the ceiling.Goodnight. What if we take San Gabriele What if we take the Carso and Monfalcone and Trieste Where are we then Did you see all the far mountains to day Do you think we could take all them too Only if the Austrians stop fighting. I hope youll be comfy. How is your poor head I looked at your papers. Henry. Some one came in and as the door opened I could see the snow falling.Which side is it onHere.

 Rinaldi saluted. They were moderately clean. He brought them over to me.Im so sorry. I said.Thats a relief. where it was clear cold and dry and the snow was dry and powdery and haretracks in the snow and the peasants took off their hats and called you Lord and there was good hunting. There isnt always an explanation for everything. Perhaps. No that wasnt it. The river was low and there were stretches of sand and pebbles with a narrow channel of water and sometimes the water spread like a sheen over the pebbly bed. They take your sisters. I said that was a foul lie and.

 He took my glass and filled it. And I never even talk English. I love you so. in which you said things instead of playing cards. falling and the soldiers marching and afterward the road bare and white except for the leaves. Its in the bulletin.Why didnt we see the post when we came down Passini asked. wont you She looked up at me.I took off my tunic and shirt and washed in the cold water in the basin. He looked at me.He should have fine girls. Halfway through the wine I did not want any more. felt the brake come off and the clutch go in.

 go to hell. jaundice. I wanted to go to the Black Forest.Better not drink too much brandy then. Uninformed. They were going to put over another bridge when the bombardment started and some troops were to cross at the shallows up above at the bend of the river. They told me you were on duty. I said in English.Id rather wait. I felt I had a certain advantage. Henry.Why notNo.Passini shook his head.

 They arent girls; they are old war comrades.Do we eat yet. It is a noble organization.Have you seen Miss BarkleyI will bring her here. Messina.How are you. winefully. I was experiencing the masculine difficulty of making love very long standing up. the steel helmet on the same peg. It tells you about those priests.Its way out. But they are still fools. No one to lend me money.

 He slapped the bed with his glove. There were three others to locate. I saluted too but more moderately.No. You get along very well without me. He came in very fast and bent down over the bed and kissed me. Back at the villa I went upstairs to the room. They want to get you the medaglia dargento but perhaps they can get only the bronze. They were hospitals beyond the river. I told them what I had heard. I am just more affectionate. And come to morrow night.How do you do Miss Barkley said.

 Not in the auto ambulance. Passini said still respectfully. I suppose. Messina. I felt him in his metal box against my chest while we drove. What is defeat You go home. I felt it against the back of the chair. You see Im not mad and Im not gone off.Why notNo. But I found a place where the cars would be sheltered after they passed that last badlooking bit and could wait for the wounded to be brought across the pontoon bridge. lifting the spaghetti on the fork until the loose strands hung clear then lowering it into the mouth. Its good. Im learning it.

Oh.Also they make money out of it. and then there were mountains far off beyond all these that you could hardly tell if you really saw. Like bridge you had to pretend you were playing for money or playing for some stakes. spilled the thin gold chain together and put it all in my breast pocket. and instead of going on I felt myself slide back. I was experiencing the masculine difficulty of making love very long standing up. He can handle the English. The doctors were working with their sleeves up to their shoulders and were red as butchers.Saint Anthony asked the driver. Isnt itWhat is the stick I asked. He started the car.That way youll be decorated.

 You rarely find any one any good this close to the front.You love Italy Rinaldi asked Miss Ferguson in English.You have that pleasant air of a dog in heat. no.Priest wants us never to attack.You did exactly right.All right. Not in this war. A regiment went by in the road and I watched them pass. The major was unhooking the forceps now. Shes a nurse. felt the brake come off and the clutch go in. darling.

 The tall English driver came around and looked in. one for troops and one for officers. Evviva lesercito. really. spaced by the interval of their dust. said Manera.I left them working. It isnt me that makes fun of him.I was away for two days at the posts. yes. And I never even talk English. Passini said. the water blue like the sky.

 she said.Have you any cheeseThe major spoke grudgingly to the orderly who ducked back into the hole again and came out with a quarter of a white cheese. His legs are very painful.Slit the tunic. Manera said. It was there that the offensive was to begin.A sergeant shot two officers who would not get out. Rinaldi carried a holster stuffed with toilet paper. sometimes it stopped. Because were going to have a strange life. gonorrhea. I saw he wore gloves. poured out into the glass held with the same hand; after this course.

No comments:

Post a Comment